Bill Perfect, Inc. Achieves SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type II Certification
Jan 27, 2014
Bill Perfect, a developer of customer life cycle management solution for most service providers, including Local Exchange Carriers, Cable and Satellite Providers, Voice Over IP Providers, and Enhanced Communication Providers; today announced that it has successfully completed a Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagement No. 16 (SSAE 16 or SOC 1) Type II audit for their TimelyBill® Operations Support System. SSAE 16 effectively replaced SAS 70 on June 15, 2011. SAS 70 was an internationally recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the new SSAE 16 standard comes with additional requirements for service organizations. A SSAE 16 audit is performed by an independent auditing firm and examines the controls and processes involved in storing, handling, and transmitting data securely. The successful completion of the voluntary audit illustrates Bill Perfect's ongoing commitment to create and maintain the most stringent controls for the protection and security of its customers' confidential information. More information about Bill Perfect and their services can be found at www.TimelyBill.com.
The Type II audit, which included detailed review of the design and operating effectiveness of Bill Perfect's controls, was performed by an independent licensed Certified Public Accounting firm that specializes in conducting SSAE 16 audits. The auditor examined Bill Perfect's controls related to network connectivity, firewall configuration, computer operations, database access, data transmissions, backup, software development, and other areas which support the TimelyBill® Operations Support System. Bill Perfect received a Service Auditors' Report with a clean opinion and no exceptions were noted during testing, demonstrating that Bill Perfect's policies, procedures, and operations for the areas reviewed met or exceeded the stringent SSAE 16 criteria.
Todd Knower, Bill Perfect's CIO stated "Our continued successful completion of a service auditor's report reinforces to our customers Bill Perfect's continued commitment to providing secure and reliable services."
SSAE 16 audits have become increasingly important for data-handling service providers since the passage of the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, which requires a company's business partners to have adequate internal controls. Bill Perfect's customers can easily incorporate its Service Auditors' Report in their Sarbanes-Oxley compliance programs as proof that appropriate controls are in place. The SSAE 16 audit can also help Bill Perfect's customers to comply with other regulations, including HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999), and ISO 27001.
About Bill Perfect & their TimelyBill® Operations Support System:
Bill Perfect develops, markets, and integrates the award winning TimelyBill® Operations Support System software, which is made available to customers using a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Incorporated in 2009, Bill Perfect is a Delaware corporation, with headquarters in Pembroke Pines, Florida and offices in Huntersville, North Carolina.
The TimelyBill® Operations Support System was designed to provide the maximum flexibility and reliability available in a customer life cycle management solution for service providers and non-service providers alike. The TimelyBill® Operations Support System is the preferred choice for most service providers, including Local Exchange Carriers, Cable and Satellite Providers, Voice Over IP Providers, and Enhanced Communication Providers. The TimelyBill® Operations Support System includes more than 30 tightly integrated components that support the full customer life cycle.
The following components are included in TimelyBill®:
- TBInventory™ - Inventory, Plant and Asset Management
- TBActivationCode™ - Gift Card/Activation Code Management
- TBUsage™ - Real-time Usage Monitoring
- TBFraud™ - Real-time Fraud Screening and Handling
- TBProvision™ - Automated Provisioning
- TBPartners™ - Partner/Distributor and Commission Management
- TBShipping™ - Shipper Interface
- E911, CNAM and LIDB Management
- TBANI™ - NANPA, Toll Free and Fictitious Number Management
- TBBAF™ - Binary AMA File Management
- TBCDRRater™ - Message Detail Rater
- TBCDRAuditor™ - CDR Auditing and Margin Calculator
- TBScript™ - Call Center Scripting Module
- TBtoDash™ - TimelyBill® to Dash Carrier Services API
- TBCustomer™ - Billing/CRM Core
- TBAddress™ - Address Validation
- TBProducts™ - Product Catalog
- TBPayments™ - Payment Management
- TBAutoDebit™ - ACH/Credit Card Processor
- TBAdjustments™ - Adjustment/Credit Management
- TBTrouble™ - Trouble Management and Ticketing
- TBDunning™ - Dunning Management
- TBCollections™ - Collection Management
- TBAlarms™ - Data Alarms
- TBWorkflow™ - Workflow Management
- TBInvoicing™ – Invoice Generator
- TBPDFGenerator™ – Invoice PDF Generator
- TimelyBill® Reporting
- TBSend™ - Messaging Interface
- Customer Web Interface
- TBEmployees™ - Employee/User Management
- TBTaxes™ – Tax Integration/Management
- TBLedger™ – General Ledger
- TBSchedule™ - Work Order and User Scheduling
We're telecom professionals who recognize the need for a dependable subscription billing platform.
Focused & Driven
Our team is focused on developing and supporting our innovative telecom billing software.
Secure & Reliable
SAE 16 (SOC 1) Type II Certified