Telecom tax integration and management
Communication service providers are required to bill and remit taxes and fees for telecommunication services. These telecom related taxes are complicated for a variety of reasons. One reason is that there are often different federal, state, and local tax rates and regulations. Telecom taxes also get levied differently on various telecommunications services (i.e., equipment sales, service provisioning, or usage). In addition, the telecom industry is continuously evolving with new technologies, which makes it challenging to keep tax laws up to date.
TimelyBill's integrated tax calculator helps service providers simplify taxation management. TimelyBill allows you to determine your taxation strategy, and bill the latest taxes, surcharges, and fees.
Get complete control over your tax rules within our billing system.
- Direct interaction with third party tax engines (CSI, Avalara, CereTax)
- Automatically calculate taxes based on:
- Sales tax, state gross receipts tax, local tax, federal universal fund fees, state universal service fund fees, and 911 fees.
- Use with geocoded customer accounts
- Automatically generate tax refunds while applying service credits
- Set tax code overrides (global or individual customer)
- Set tax description overrides
- Create custom tax grouping for invoice display
- Detailed tax logging
- VoIP, landline, wireless, cable, IPTV, satellite, and more
- US and International tax rating
- Included at no additional cost*
We also have great partner relationships with the top telecom tax compliance companies. Tax compliance companies help organizations navigate the complex landscape of telecom taxes, such as ensuring compliance with tax laws and providing guidance on minimizing tax liability. These companies can also assist with tax audits and represent you in disputes with tax authorities.
READ OUR BLOG POST:
USF Traffic Study Reports for Telecom & VoIP
*Some restrictions may apply to larger organizations, please ask us for details.
- Tax Engine Integration
- General Ledger